WT backup
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Name That Pet! (Really, could use a name...)

+5
Koto
CandyWT
Las
JasonAldeanMG
Golurking
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Name That Pet! (Really, could use a name...) Empty Name That Pet! (Really, could use a name...)

Post by Golurking Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:58 pm

Just recently got a Pink Glitter Fish and I'm thinking of adopting it. So I decided to make a small contest out of it. The person who can offer the best name for the fish wins the PSI (limited to the first five options per person). Smile

Going to let it go for a little while, just to get options; if it turns out we move back before then, I will just continue from there. I assume that this can be posted here, but if not, feel free to move it.
Golurking
Golurking

Back to top Go down

Name That Pet! (Really, could use a name...) Empty Re: Name That Pet! (Really, could use a name...)

Post by JasonAldeanMG Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:09 pm

Fish are hard to name. LOL
JasonAldeanMG
JasonAldeanMG

Back to top Go down

Name That Pet! (Really, could use a name...) Empty Re: Name That Pet! (Really, could use a name...)

Post by Guest Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:23 pm

Oh man. I am awful with names, but I will try to help you out in a few!

Back to top Go down

Post by Golurking Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:55 pm

So far, the leading candidates are:
FishAreHardtoName
HelpYouOutWithaFew

This is getting to be tough!

Name That Pet! (Really, could use a name...) 437512685 
Golurking
Golurking

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:13 pm

Golurking wrote:So far, the leading candidates are:
FishAreHardtoName
HelpYouOutWithaFew

This is getting to be tough!

Name That Pet! (Really, could use a name...) 437512685 

Not sure those will fit within the limit! lol!
Hmm.

KeepSwimming (Like Nemo, just keep swimming, but I think that's too long)
LittleBigFish

I'll have to think! Fishes are hard! I named my clownfish Penny but for a PINK fish...wow...

Back to top Go down

Post by Golurking Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:16 pm

pandapuddinWT wrote:I'll have to think! Fishes are hard! I named my clownfish Penny but for a PINK fish...wow...

You can blame the Dollar Tree for not have a great stock of Webkinz. LOL Bunches of Lil Googles and Lil Hippos, one Pink Glitter Fish. Never actually had one before. *Shifts the blame...*
Golurking
Golurking

Back to top Go down

Post by Las Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:51 pm

Glimmer comes to mind or Bubbles or Shimmer
Las
Las

Back to top Go down

Post by CandyWT Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:24 pm

I'll give this a shot, even though I'm not that great with names. Razz
Fintastic (
Sparkle
Rainbow (I don't even know why) Razz
Coral
Iris
That's all I got, I'm sorry they're all so cheesy! Congrats on the new pet, though! Very Happy
CandyWT
CandyWT

Back to top Go down

Post by Golurking Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:32 pm

Awesome. Nine names so far! Smile
Golurking
Golurking

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:40 am

Thought of my last three suggestions! Lol!

Swimming Beauty (lol!! Sorry. May be a little too girly)
Pearl
Under the Sea

Back to top Go down

Post by Koto Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:47 am

GlowFish
Glimmer
Shimmer
Pinktastic
I have a hard time with naming fish
Koto
Koto

Back to top Go down

Post by NewfieWT Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:04 am

Pinkalicious
PrettyInPink
Posy
Fred
MaryKay

Razz lol! I'm not so good with names either! lol
NewfieWT
NewfieWT

Back to top Go down

Post by Las Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:05 pm

Do you have a daughter? Wife? You could always name it after a woman in your life.
Las
Las

Back to top Go down

Post by Golurking Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:01 pm

Las wrote:Do you have a daughter? Wife? You could always name it after a woman in your life.

That's actually something I tend to avoid, using real life names. My daughter does it, almost exclusively...friends at school, at church, whatever. I find it a tad boring, unless it's to honor someone special, which is once every blue moon.

Have all the names down for consideration so far. Smile Some are pretty good. What I might do is take my favorites, make a poll of the top five, and let you all decide! Could be fun?
Golurking
Golurking

Back to top Go down

Post by CandyWT Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:04 pm

That sure would be fun! Looking forward to it! Smile
CandyWT
CandyWT

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:10 pm

I love polls like that, Golurking! Do it! lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by ancharlina Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:24 pm

Andromeda
Venus
BlameTheDollarTree (JK, don't count this one. Name That Pet! (Really, could use a name...) 3612761395 )
SparkleAndShine
KirbyTheFish

I'm really bad with names. xD
ancharlina
ancharlina

Back to top Go down

Post by LolaAnabelle Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:20 pm

I am the worst when it comes to names, but I have gave it a try. So here's what I came up with:
Cherry Blossom
Tutu Princess
Cotton Candy
Bubble Diva
And because I like naming my pets from movies, it automatically came into my mind the name of one of my favourite movie characters, Dory from Finding Nemo Very Happy
LolaAnabelle
LolaAnabelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Las Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:25 pm

Golurking wrote:
Las wrote:Do you have a daughter? Wife? You could always name it after a woman in your life.

That's actually something I tend to avoid, using real life names. My daughter does it, almost exclusively...friends at school, at church, whatever. I find it a tad boring, unless it's to honor someone special, which is once every blue moon.

Have all the names down for consideration so far. :)Some are pretty good. What I might do is take my favorites, make a poll of the top five, and let you all decide! Could be fun?
Yeah, I tend to stay away from those too. Although I do have one that is the nick name of my daughter. Her brothers had a hard time with her name, so they came up with an easier version.
Las
Las

Back to top Go down

Post by Las Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:26 pm

I name most of my pets after characters in my fave books and movies.
Las
Las

Back to top Go down

Post by Golurking Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:38 pm

Las wrote:I name most of my pets after characters in my fave books and movies.

I'm very show/genre oriented as well. To date, I've made accounts based off of:
LOST
Chronicles of Narnia/Lord of the Rings
Favorite Fictional Characters
Star Trek/Babylon5
Lord of the Rings (again, separate account)
Transformers

I love thematic accounts.

Golurking
Golurking

Back to top Go down

Post by Las Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:56 pm

Golurking wrote:
Las wrote:I name most of my pets after characters in my fave books and movies.

I'm very show/genre oriented as well. To date, I've made accounts based off of:
LOST
Chronicles of Narnia/Lord of the Rings
Favorite Fictional Characters
Star Trek/Babylon5
Lord of the Rings (again, separate account)
Transformers

I love thematic accounts.

WOW, whole accounts! I just stick with names! Smile
Las
Las

Back to top Go down

Post by Las Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:57 pm

Loved Lost and LOTR , not a big trek fan. I did watch the original series as a kid! Have you been watching Revolution?
Las
Las

Back to top Go down

Post by Golurking Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:05 am

Las wrote:WOW, whole accounts! I just stick with names! Smile

Entire thematic accounts are more fun, because you can set up the account according to the genre. For example, with the sci-fi account, I tweaked a mixture of Star Trek and Babylon5 characters with a map that looked like the space vessel on Babylon5. You get into the idea easier when it's all linked. Smile

I've seen Revolution, but didn't get into the show. Took a while to gain steam.

Oh, and forgot Fictional Sleuths as a theme for an account. That was fun, taking all the TV detectives and putting them into one account. Wink

Golurking
Golurking

Back to top Go down

Post by Las Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:11 am

Golurking wrote:
Las wrote:WOW, whole accounts! I just stick with names! Smile

Entire thematic accounts are more fun, because you can set up the account according to the genre. For example, with the sci-fi account, I tweaked a mixture of Star Trek and Babylon5 characters with a map that looked like the space vessel on Babylon5. You get into the idea easier when it's all linked. Smile

I've seen Revolution, but didn't get into the show. Took a while to gain steam.

Oh, and forgot Fictional Sleuths as a theme for an account. That was fun, taking all the TV detectives and putting them into one account. Wink

I am not that creative. When we get "home" you will have to post some of your rooms. I think I remember seeing a lost one
Las
Las

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum