WT backup
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tell Us What WT Means to You

+3
Duck Crossing
KellyWT
NewfieWT
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Tell Us What WT Means to You Empty Tell Us What WT Means to You

Post by NewfieWT Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:10 pm

This was one of the contests that we did on Facebook to replace the New Year's Day DCT.
I wanted to post it here, so that we have a record of it and so that those who weren't on Facebook could read the entries.
I thought that each of these was special and wanted to ensure that we kept them.
Here they are, with the name of the member.

Thanks to everyone who posted for this!

I will also post any received outside the contest entry period in this post.  Thanks for letting us know everyone.  Each one is appreciated!!  <3  You are all the best!!
 I love you

Scentless Apprentice:
I've only been on WT for a little over a month, but it's become very important to me. When I first joined, I was nervous (no one likes to be new), but I was welcomed warmly by some of the members, and I didn't feel like such an outcast anymore. I felt apart of the community, and that's what Webkinz Town means to me. Community. Family. A place I finally fit in.
After a long, tough year, the warm atmosphere on WT seems to keep me afloat and striving to be a better person. And needless to say, that really means a lot to me.

Freeze:  
I joined WebkinzTown back in 2012. I joined because of a friend telling me to join. In 2013 I came on just to see how things were. That's when I spotted a shiny badge, and wanted it. It was the Trusted Trader badge. So from then on I became a Trader, and started becoming more active. From then on, I became a, active trade to NR,to  CM, and now to a GM. WT has been a comfort to me in the best and the worst. Within the last year, I have stuck with WT, and WT has stuck with me. Making many friends, trading, and entering WT's amazing contests kept me here. For the few days the site was down, I made a fake FB that I never go on now, just to check for updates. I was extremely lost without WT around. I even learned new people skills, and surprisingly before WT I was actually really shy. Thank you, Webkinz Town.

KennedyWT:
I would like to say what webkinz town means to me! Smile
(Even though the contest is over)
Where do I start?
I met one of my bestest friends in the whole world on WT. We still talk everyday, and I have this amazing site WT to thank. I really have nobody at school, or outside of school to talk to or hang out with me. I am always being bullied and made fun of, and WT is the one place I can be myself, and not be judged for. It may sound crazy but I consider everyone here a good friend of mine, whether we have talked or not. My favourite thing about WT is the great staff members, and members in general. There is always fun  activites and contests going on! The party never stops, I can not think of a better webkinz forum then WT" WT wil always be my home. In fact another site offered me a position as a staff and I turned it down, because the only site I even focus on is WT LOL. I am very committed to making sure I visit my online family as much as possible. SO thank you all, for making me feel like I finally fit in somewhere..

Last edited by NewfieWT on Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:35 pm; edited 7 times in total
NewfieWT
NewfieWT

Back to top Go down

Tell Us What WT Means to You Empty Re: Tell Us What WT Means to You

Post by NewfieWT Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:11 pm

Bc WebkinzTown WT means a forum home, a place to talk with special friends and share all things Webkinz and more. It's been my home for a few years now and through those years, I have met so many great people. I always look forward to logging on and getting all my Webkinz updates and seeing what everyone's been up to. Without WT, I will have a big hole to fill and more free time than I'll know what to do with. I would miss it so very much and miss being able to chat with all of you like we have for so long.

Last edited by NewfieWT on Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
NewfieWT
NewfieWT

Back to top Go down

Post by NewfieWT Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:12 pm

Lola Anabelle I hope you're not asking this because that is a possibility. WT was the most important thing in the last months for me and the best way to get away from the real world. Some may say that is not healthy, trying to run away from the reality, but... Webkinz Town is a place where everybody is so nice and polite, where I am nicer and more polite. It brought out the best of me, and I don't want to lose it. It gets easier to go outside when I know there's a cozy place where I can come back, full of cute things, so far away from everything that's going on in the real world. I hope I'm not being very weird with this..
NewfieWT
NewfieWT

Back to top Go down

Post by NewfieWT Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:12 pm

Appletina WT I'm trying to shorten this answer into a paragraph but I don't think that will be possible.
First off, I joined this site as another trading opporutnity because there are so many great active traders. As I lurked around the forum I realized that there were so many more things to do such as partake in contests, giveaways, become a WT Deluxe member which was one of my goals that I achieved with the help of some WT friends that I met and got to know more from the chat thread! If it wasn't for the 2013 Holiday Stocking chat thread contest, I wouldn't have met some wonderful people like @las WT, @fallenangels, @forthefood, @Kennedy, @Kelly, @sweetluver22 - I have all of these people's usernames in memory because we created a fun notification game where we let them pile up. Just from that game, I had around 700+ notifications! It was so much fun that I stayed on WTown all day! The :rofl: button was probably used at least a million times! WT is really like having a 2nd family and a virtual family that's more than just your average webkinz family. When I think of getting on Webkinz, my first place to go is WTown because it's such an enjoyment to talk with everyone from different ages, different places, but be able to connect with everyone because we all have something in common. Even though I may spend a full day on WTown, I don't regret it at all because of the new friendships that I've made, the terrific trades that I've made to help grant others dreams as well as mine, and the unlimited laughter that I get from the chat threads. Virtual hugs to the whole WTown fam!
NewfieWT
NewfieWT

Back to top Go down

Post by NewfieWT Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:14 pm

Newfie aka Joann WT I agree with all of you and feel the same. Who ever would've thought that signing up on some internet site would lead to so much? I signed up for the information, to keep me in the loop in WW, I never imagined that 'some site' would create such a feeling of kinship belonging and family?!! The friends that I"ve made here are amazing and I never imagined that I would make the friends that I have. I've been blessed to be a part of WT, I'm so happy and so lucky to have been part of it, part of your WW life and wouldn't give it up for anything! The friendships made here are everlasting. This isn't an entry, I just needed to say this. You have all meant so much to me! We've had so much fun, so many good times, great belly busting laughs and many touching moments. WT is a 2nd family and I'll be here for as long as it is. You are all such awesome, amazing people and I'm so happy to spend time with you!
NewfieWT
NewfieWT

Back to top Go down

Koto WT I joined a long time ago and as many of you know I had taken a break for a while, mostly due to some family issues and work. Although I have never left webkinz I was only on once or twice a week as opposed to the usual every day. When things improved with family and work schedule I started playing every day again but something was missing, it was the many people I get to chat with on WT! Obviously WT is even more then that but the PEOPLE. If the ownership issues don't work out favorably it will be a big part of the fun taken away from WW!
NewfieWT
NewfieWT

Back to top Go down

Fa WT aka FallenAngels That's a difficult question to answer! What does WT mean to me? Well I know I only joined WT back in September, and I've really only been active this past month. But, this past month, WT has been my world, my life. I battle with severe depression and being able to come chat on WT, be around extremely friendly, kind people and being able to talk with people who "get" me, who I would consider to be my friends has really kept me going and kept my spirit high. Last night when WT was down for me (and clearly many many more) I felt like my world was crashing- I didn't know what to do with myself. Then when I found we could come chat here, there was a sense of relief, like all isn't lost yet, we still have a chance- a fighting chance. To see the one person who I really feel like I can talk to and tell almost anything and ask almost anything has really helped. And I do hope that one person knows who I'm talking about I would never have met her without WT, I would have never met most of you without WT. That feeling extends to all of WT as well, as I do hope that WT continues and I can get to know more and more members like that!
NewfieWT
NewfieWT

Back to top Go down

Post by NewfieWT Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:15 pm

Las Wt Wow, where to start.I came to WT for the updates on WW that I was not getting from the other site. But I found so much more. I have made friendships with some pretty awesome people, helped a few people add missing pieces to their collections and had a LOT of fun. I have only been a member a few months, but it has already become a big part of my life. If things do not work out with the site, I hope to carry on those friendships in some way!
NewfieWT
NewfieWT

Back to top Go down

Phillywis Webkinz I know that WT was a excellent community, as i joined almost one year ago. I didnt really become very active on the forum but i stopped as much i could and I really enjoy chatting with the members on the forum... I hope we still continue to stay together as long we can.we may lose people or add new people but we will always be tightly-knitted family no matter what. WT is one of the best Webkinz forum sites out three, there is no site like WT..... IF we had to make a new site we could make some improvements to make it much better! I love WT and will always remember it as a part of my life.
NewfieWT
NewfieWT

Back to top Go down

Sarah WT aka Monkey(: I have no idea how I can put this into words but I'll try, haha. I joined WT about a year ago but I haven't been that active until recently. Boy do I regret that! There's so many people on WT that are so different but were all joined together by Webkinz. I had been on Webkinz forums before but none were like WT. WT had the same things as them - Webkinz info, contests, stuff like that, but the others didn't have the little things that makes WT better than the rest. The other forums didn't - and still don't - have some of the amazing aspects of Webkinz Town that make it an honor to be a member and staff. Things like little inside jokes and knowing that the members and staff actually care helps to make WT the best Webkinz forum out there. Even away from WT I'm reminded of the forum I call home. If my friend shows me a funny dancing banana, in my head I'm thinking about Newfie If someone starts fangirling about cats, they're put into my mental 'ancharlina' box. As cheesy as it sounds, Webkinz Town has changed me, both online and off. And I wouldn't want it any other way ♥(:
NewfieWT
NewfieWT

Back to top Go down

Post by NewfieWT Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:16 pm

Golur King I haven't really felt a part of a group in a while. I recently went through a change of everything, you could say. WT was part of that change. Since joining, I've actually wanted to participate, which is something I can't often say. It's not perfect, and I still feel relatively isolated, but being a part has made me less antisocial, less inclined to be in a shell. Not sure that's the most flowery answer; it's an honest one, though.
NewfieWT
NewfieWT

Back to top Go down

Anch WT I joined WT during what was a bit of a crisis for me. I won't go in to too much detail, but there were a lot of changes going on in my life. I'll admit that I wasn't exactly the most likable person during my first few months on WT, but I think I've improved a bit thanks to the help of quite a few staff members . After a bit of... um, personality tweaking, I found that it actually helped me to make more RL friends, too. While my RL friends were great friends, WT was like a family. WT was a place where I could say that I was upset, and people would actually care. I've made a lot of great friends, and also been introduced to OneRepublic (my favorite band! ). I look forward to chatting with my fellow WT'ers every single day, and (yes, this may be weird) I think I'm actually more comfortable with sharing my problems, achievements and goals with people on WT than I am with quite a few of my RL friends. A lot of them have no idea that I've ever set eyes on a webkinz before, so it's great to know and be able to connect with others who are just as obsessed with Webkinz as I am. WT is a lot of things to me, way too many to list, but above all, WT is definitely more than just a town, it's a family.
NewfieWT
NewfieWT

Back to top Go down

Sierra Aldean I joined this site way back in 2008, but I never understood, until recently how amazing it is! Wt is not only a forum, but it is a home. There is a reason people come back to it everyday. Wt is a place for me to relax ,chat and to escape real life for a while. WT also keeps me up to date on Webkinz stuff! It is hard to believe but WT is my online family!

Last edited by NewfieWT on Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
NewfieWT
NewfieWT

Back to top Go down

Post by NewfieWT Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:17 pm

Last but not least!! Smile And our Winner:
Candy WT What can I really say about what WT means to me when I just joined two months ago? Well, to be honest, in the short time I've been here, I already feel like part of the family. On the day I joined, I was warmly welcomed by a number of members, encouraging me to get involved, ask any questions, and to just have fun. And that's what I did, because through this wonderful forum, I have met some great people, made some fantastic friends, and been able to thoroughly enjoy myself. That means a lot to me, because I'll admit that being a new high school student is definitely not easy. I have a learning disability, and sometimes, that doesn't exactly help with the whole 'fitting in' part of things. But, when I get back home from school, I always look forward to logging on to WT, and finding out what everyone is up to. It really does make my day, being able to be myself and feel like a part of things. I owe you all a big thank you, because you made WT feel like a second home. I really hope everything works out with the site, because I can't imagine this town not being here, not after everyone made me feel like a part of this fantastic family.
NewfieWT
NewfieWT

Back to top Go down

Post by NewfieWT Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:21 pm

Thank you all for your sweet entries! Each one was awesome to read and very heartfelt!

Our WT Family is very special!! Tell Us What WT Means to You 2755959039 
You may all feel free to post if you'd like! Smile
NewfieWT
NewfieWT

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:42 pm

I really enjoyed reading all of these. thank you all for sharing ♥

Back to top Go down

Post by NewfieWT Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:54 pm

I loved reading through these again! And, Panda, I didn't want you to miss them! Smile
NewfieWT
NewfieWT

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyWT Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:01 am

What a great idea Newfie!! Thank you for doing that. It was amazing to read all those. By reading some of them to my husband, I finally made him see what the site means to the members, and to me. Smile
KellyWT
KellyWT

Back to top Go down

Post by Duck Crossing Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:55 am

This was touching to read Newfie Very Happy

Duck Crossing

Back to top Go down

Post by Las Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:34 am

Thanks for bringing these over! There was a lot of heart put into some of these, they made me cry. I am glad they are not lost.
Las
Las

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:27 am

NewfieWT wrote:I loved reading through these again!  And, Panda, I didn't want you to miss them!  Smile

I would have been crushed if I couldn't read these!! They're beautiful!!

Kelly - OMG he saw the light (so to speak)?! Seriously?! Okay now I can die a happy panda. All is good with the world lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyWT Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:19 am

pandapuddinWT wrote:
NewfieWT wrote:I loved reading through these again!  And, Panda, I didn't want you to miss them!  Smile

I would have been crushed if I couldn't read these!! They're beautiful!!

Kelly - OMG he saw the light (so to speak)?! Seriously?! Okay now I can die a happy panda. All is good with the world lol.

I know right!! He didn't understand it before and now he finally gets it!!! Makes my life a whole lot easier
KellyWT
KellyWT

Back to top Go down

Post by NewfieWT Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:31 pm

Just so that you all are aware, if you missed this and you'd like to write one, we'd love to see it. You can add it here and let me know or pm me and I can add it in.
I will add any new ones to the first post. It makes my heart happy to read these!

We have another one to add:
Scentless Apprentice:
I've only been on WT for a little over a month, but it's become very important to me. When I first joined, I was nervous (no one likes to be new), but I was welcomed warmly by some of the members, and I didn't feel like such an outcast anymore. I felt apart of the community, and that's what Webkinz Town means to me. Community. Family. A place I finally fit in.
After a long, tough year, the warm atmosphere on WT seems to keep me afloat and striving to be a better person. And needless to say, that really means a lot to me.
NewfieWT
NewfieWT

Back to top Go down

Post by CandyWT Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:44 pm

These were all beautiful to read! Thank you so much for putting these up! With the crazy Facebook layout (or maybe its just me, lol), I was too confused to look through most of these posts, but am glad I caught up on them here! Very Happy
CandyWT
CandyWT

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeze Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:49 pm

These are so sweet to read!
Freeze
Freeze

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content