WT backup
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Disappointed

+5
KellyWT
NewfieWT
Lorib64
Rainbowicee
Golurking
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Disappointed - Page 2 Empty Re: Disappointed

Post by CandyWT Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:11 pm

These are all so refreshing to read! Thank you for starting this thread, Golurking! A lot of these words and thoughts are really motivating.
CandyWT
CandyWT

Back to top Go down

Post by Pumpkin Spice Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:57 pm

Golurking wrote:I'm starting to get this impression from several "old timers". Dupes turned off a lot of people, long before I found out. I guess a silver lining in all this is I get to see how it's affected others, and how they've handled it. No doubt, I think several have quit. I don't intend to.

I am another WK "old timer" that was turned off by "dupes".  I haven't actively traded in years mainly because of the duping.  I was just too afraid of my accounts being banned.  In addition, I hated the fact that priceless items were no longer priceless anymore.  But it has not turned me off from playing altogether.  In fact, in some ways, my love for WK today is as strong as it's been, maybe even stronger, than during the time I used to trade.

Well...I have to take that back...the way I've been feeling the last couple of weeks...my desire to do anything related to WK has declined tremendously.  No doubt, the issues with WT has a lot to do with it, but I will admit it's not the only thing.  I am hoping my low desire is temporary.  I have "invested" too much over the years (yes, $$$, but more importantly my time and love for the game), that it would be really sad if I completely stopped playing.

Pumpkin Spice

Back to top Go down

Post by Golurking Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:14 pm

Pumpkin Spice wrote:Well...I have to take that back...the way I've been feeling the last couple of weeks...my desire to do anything related to WK has declined tremendously.  No doubt, the issues with WT has a lot to do with it, but I will admit it's not the only thing.  I am hoping my low desire is temporary.  I have "invested" too much over the years (yes, $$$, but more importantly my time and love for the game), that it would be really sad if I completely stopped playing.

I've countered those feelings over the years by taking occasional breaks, sometimes months at a time. It was beneficial. That said, between the dupes and losing WT, can't disagree with those feelings. Clearly. LOL I'm trying to refocus, as Kelly encouraged, and simplify my objectives in the game and on the messageboard.

Interestingly, when I posted this thread, I wasn't sure the purpose, other than to vent. Or if anyone else even cared like that. But these posts have shown a lot of heart from people who've gone through what I'm struggling with, and found meaning despite the knaves who have so messed things up for everyone else. I still say SHAME ON THEM; coping with it is getting easier, though. Smile
Golurking
Golurking

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum