WT backup
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Odd Question: Getting Promos to Get Rid of?

+9
KennedyWT
Karenpd
sitspingirl
Pumpkin Spice
Koto
SapphireShores
Scentless Apprentice
NewfieWT
Golurking
13 posters

Go down

How many times have you ever gotten a promo from the eStore to trade/auction off for other stuff?

Odd Question: Getting Promos to Get Rid of? I_vote_lcap11%Odd Question: Getting Promos to Get Rid of? I_vote_rcap 11% 
[ 2 ]
Odd Question: Getting Promos to Get Rid of? I_vote_lcap16%Odd Question: Getting Promos to Get Rid of? I_vote_rcap 16% 
[ 3 ]
Odd Question: Getting Promos to Get Rid of? I_vote_lcap21%Odd Question: Getting Promos to Get Rid of? I_vote_rcap 21% 
[ 4 ]
Odd Question: Getting Promos to Get Rid of? I_vote_lcap47%Odd Question: Getting Promos to Get Rid of? I_vote_rcap 47% 
[ 9 ]
Odd Question: Getting Promos to Get Rid of? I_vote_lcap5%Odd Question: Getting Promos to Get Rid of? I_vote_rcap 5% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 19

Odd Question: Getting Promos to Get Rid of? Empty Odd Question: Getting Promos to Get Rid of?

Post by Golurking Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:37 pm

This is one of my stranger questions, which is something in itself. That said, have you ever, or would you, specifically get a promo from the eStore (gets-points/spend-points deals) just to trade or auction off to get other stuff? I'm not talking eStore or promo PSIs, per se -- which you might like the pet, but not the PSI. This notion has been swirling around in my head a bit recently...
Golurking
Golurking

Back to top Go down

Odd Question: Getting Promos to Get Rid of? Empty Re: Odd Question: Getting Promos to Get Rid of?

Post by NewfieWT Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:43 pm

I've done this quite often. Especially if I need points and there's a promo going on.
I'll purchase one for me and then sometimes another (depending on the cost/promo), so that I can auction it, use it for a prize or trade it.
I even sometimes buy extra items (non promo, everyday things) for trading later or to hold on to in case a friend might need it. Very Happy
NewfieWT
NewfieWT

Back to top Go down

Odd Question: Getting Promos to Get Rid of? Empty Re: Odd Question: Getting Promos to Get Rid of?

Post by Scentless Apprentice Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:05 pm

If I had the money to do that, I definitely would. Wink 
Scentless Apprentice
Scentless Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:06 pm

If I could afford it I would do it all the time!
I have done it in the past though, but it wasn't that I didn't want it per say, just that I wanted it to be with someone who really loved it.

Back to top Go down

Post by SapphireShores Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:43 pm

I love decorating and like to have at least one of each tradable item, even though there are a lot of items in Webkinz World that I don't particularly like or know how to decorate with.
So no, I've never participated in eStore promotions, nor have I bought a pet, just to trade the item for something else. If it's the only one of that particular item that I have, I'm keeping it. If I happen to get an extra, then yes, I will trade it for something else that I don't already have.

SapphireShores

Back to top Go down

Post by Koto Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:08 am

I generally try to plan my eStore points purchases around deals, whether it be a deal on points or getting something with the purchase. I can't really say I always or never buy something just to trade because neither would be the case but if I need a lot of points and end up getting more then one promo as part of the deal I usually will trade/ auction the extra if its something I don't need or want multiples of.
Koto
Koto

Back to top Go down

Post by Pumpkin Spice Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:15 am

I voted "never", because I don't actively trade anymore.  I haven't done so in years.  I have also never participated in an auction, so I wouldn't even know how that works.  

However, I have purchased or spent during promos, knowing that I already have the item.  I figure, why not get a freebie, if I plan to buy/spend points anyway.  The extras are usually saved for the future, either given as gifts for special occasions (sometimes no occasion at all) or I'll host giveaways.

Pumpkin Spice

Back to top Go down

Post by sitspingirl Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:16 pm

I haven't but I might if I could afford it:)

sitspingirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Karenpd Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:20 pm

I voted "I would if I could afford it." Very Happy
Karenpd
Karenpd

Back to top Go down

Post by KennedyWT Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:01 pm

I would if i could afford it also1 Odd Question: Getting Promos to Get Rid of? 3612761395
KennedyWT
KennedyWT

Back to top Go down

Post by messe22 Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:51 pm

Yes I do! In fact I bought some points today to auction off when the original webkinz town is up and running again!

messe22

Back to top Go down

Post by CandyWT Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:19 pm

I would have done that if I could afford it, just because I know that some people really like collecting new items and would be able to offer something I might really want for it. Very Happy
CandyWT
CandyWT

Back to top Go down

Post by sunny11 Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:03 pm

I would if i could afford it haha!
sunny11
sunny11

Back to top Go down

Post by Las Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:32 pm

I have never bought points
Las
Las

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum