WT backup
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All About Blythe! ♥

+3
NewfieWT
LolaAnabelle
Blythe ♥
7 posters

Go down

All About Blythe! ♥ Empty All About Blythe! ♥

Post by Blythe ♥ Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:12 am

Blythe's 411 (All About Blythe)
Welcome to my 411! Here's a little about myself in case you were ever wondering.

My real name isn't Blythe, although I wish it was. LOL!
I live in the southern United States.
I am in college at the moment working towards a degree in Art Education.
On top of my degree, I have a concentration in clay and a specialty in glaze formulas. So if you have any sort of ceramics or clay related questions, feel free to ask! Very Happy
I have one sister. She's actually the one that got me addicted to webkinz many many years ago.
I have a super fantastic wonderful amazing (I could go on) boyfriend! We've been together for almost 5 years, and will get married some day! ♥️
I have two dogs, Corkie (a Morkie) and Marlee (a Pitbull Mix), and one cat named Tux. Marlee is deaf, and Tux "picked us." I love them all dearly!
Occasionally, I compete in pokemon TCG tournaments. They're a lot of fun!
I hate bananas. You'll never get me to eat one!
As you can probably already tell, grammar is not my strong point at all.
I'm super short! Most people are taller than me, and I have difficulty reaching the top shelf at the grocery store.  All About Blythe! ♥ 3612761395 
At the moment, I am addicted to the game Animal Crossing New Leaf.
I love Chinese Food.
Right now, I've discovered the wonders of Netflix and I'm hooked on several shows.
I find watching the weather channel and the show "Too Cute" to be very relaxing.

Don't hesitate to ask if there's something else you'd like to know or a question you might have! Very Happy And of course thank you for checking out my 411!
Blythe ♥
Blythe ♥

Back to top Go down

All About Blythe! ♥ Empty Re: All About Blythe! ♥

Post by Guest Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:02 am

Wow Blythe! We have a lot in common!
I hate bananas! Only way you get me to eat them is if they're in something (like banana bread).
Animal Crossing New Leaf is fun, although I only get to play it when the kids allow me to! Lol!
Ceramics is such fun! What type of glaze do you use? Do you have a kiln or fire pieces elsewhere? What mix of clay do you use? What firing techniques do you like most?
Lol sorry, I work mainly in ceramic classrooms so I get excited when I find a person enthusiastic about it lol.
I too have a morkie. We were told she was a Yorkie (pure) but she never changed colors and has a coat more like a Maltese.
One thing we don't have in common is height. I'm tall. Which is a pain sometimes! Lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Blythe ♥ Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:04 pm

pandapuddinWT wrote:Wow Blythe! We have a lot in common!
I hate bananas! Only way you get me to eat them is if they're in something (like banana bread).
Animal Crossing New Leaf is fun, although I only get to play it when the kids allow me to! Lol!
Ceramics is such fun! What type of glaze do you use? Do you have a kiln or fire pieces elsewhere? What mix of clay do you use? What firing techniques do you like most?
Lol sorry, I work mainly in ceramic classrooms so I get excited when I find a person enthusiastic about it lol.
I too have a morkie. We were told she was a Yorkie (pure) but she never changed colors and has a coat more like a Maltese.  
One thing we don't have in common is height. I'm tall. Which is a pain sometimes! Lol!

Hi Panda! We do have a lot in common!
That's fine by me, because that means I have a lot in common with someone who's really awesome.  I love you 

Same here! I'll eat bananas if its banana bread, or other "pastries".
I hope the kids allow you to play it a lot - its too much fun! LOL! I am addicted to DS games, and find any of them fun and entertaining. I am such a child at heart. Razz

I agree! I love Ceramics! Very Happy
All the clays we use are some sort of stoneware. For the most part we use brown or white clays. Right now, the professor that orders the clay is hooked on this white one. I like the white one, but sometimes I find that glazes look better on brown clays. We also have a pug mill, and sometimes make a mix of brown and white clay, depending on what there is leftover.

At the university we have several kilns we fire in. There's an electric, gas, and raku kiln. One time someone did make a sawdust kiln that we fired some little things in. I think my favorite is the electric... I've had a bad experience using the gas one. Razz LOL! I also love the raku kiln. But the only downside is that the things you make sometimes loose their functionality since the pieces become toxic afterwards.

As for glazes, all the ones I've ever made are cone 6 oxidation. If I end up teaching in a ceramics classroom, the thing to use is cone 6 oxidation. Cone 10 reduction glazes are gorgeous too, but they're much more work. I have found some recipes that take cone 10 glazes and convert them to cone 6. I like trying out different formulas and my favorite is this really pretty variegated blue. Pinterest also has a lot of fun ones! I've tried some from pinterest with mixed results.

I love my morkie! He looks more like a maltese and also has that long coat. How did you find out that she was a yorkie? Just the way she's looked as she's gotten older?

Blythe ♥
Blythe ♥

Back to top Go down

Post by LolaAnabelle Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:27 pm

Art Education sounds so great, Blythe! I love art, but I'm more of an amateur. Are you going to be an Art Teacher? Can you help me with my next exam, for Art History? Lol Very Happy

I'm very short too, under 5' 3''. But we must keep us heads high, no? Strong essences are kept in little bottles.  Wink 
LolaAnabelle
LolaAnabelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:48 pm

Blythe ♥️ wrote:
pandapuddinWT wrote:Wow Blythe! We have a lot in common!

Hi Panda! We do have a lot in common!
That's fine by me, because that means I have a lot in common with someone who's really awesome.  I love you 

Same here! I'll eat bananas if its banana bread, or other "pastries".
I hope the kids allow you to play it a lot - its too much fun! LOL! I am addicted to DS games, and find any of them fun and entertaining. I am such a child at heart. Razz

I agree! I love Ceramics! Very Happy
All the clays we use are some sort of stoneware. For the most part we use brown or white clays. Right now, the professor that orders the clay is hooked on this white one. I like the white one, but sometimes I find that glazes look better on brown clays. We also have a pug mill, and sometimes make a mix of brown and white clay, depending on what there is leftover.

At the university we have several kilns we fire in. There's an electric, gas, and raku kiln. One time someone did make a sawdust kiln that we fired some little things in. I think my favorite is the electric... I've had a bad experience using the gas one. :PLOL! I also love the raku kiln. But the only downside is that the things you make sometimes loose their functionality since the pieces become toxic afterwards.  

As for glazes, all the ones I've ever made are cone 6 oxidation. If I end up teaching in a ceramics classroom, the thing to use is cone 6 oxidation. Cone 10 reduction glazes are gorgeous too, but they're much more work. I have found some recipes that take cone 10 glazes and convert them to cone 6. I like trying out different formulas and my favorite is this really pretty variegated blue. Pinterest also has a lot of fun ones! I've tried some from pinterest with mixed results.

I love my morkie! He looks more like a maltese and also has that long coat. How did you find out that she was a yorkie? Just the way she's looked as she's gotten older?

Aw! Same back to you!!

Lol I haven't played any DS games in ages. But I should sneak in a few hours lol.

I've never used brown clay for the class. We only use grey clay (that when fired turns white). We use a really soft clay. It's a little weaker when fired, but the stronger clay is harder in the "wet" form so it makes it really hard for the little kids to roll out for slabs and stuff. I LOVE the look of Raku pieces but we don't do that anymore for the kids because it's more dangerous to fire and toxic things with little kids don't work well.

We use cone 6 too I believe. I love the looks of them. Especially underglazes with the clear. There are some beautiful colors.

Have you ever done a kick wheel? Those are sooo much fun! Lol. We don't have them in our classroom but when I was learning ceramics I got to use one. I like those and the electric wheels with the foot pedals the best. I can't for the life of me throw well on the straight up electric ones with the knobs for the speed. And of course those are the ones we have in class lol.

Well, we found out she was a morkie pretty much when she was a puppy. She had a big white patch on her chest (which yorkies aren't supposed to have until later). Her coat was really unusual and thick. She's never turned from black to the "blue" (it's grey no idea why they call it blue lol). And she has a much shorter coat. And a really curly coat too lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by NewfieWT Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:54 pm

I love ceramics too! I mostly paint only, with a bit of simple cleaning on greenware before its fired. That's my extent of having anything to do with clay. Smile

What shows are you hooked on, on NetFlix?
NewfieWT
NewfieWT

Back to top Go down

Post by CandyWT Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:07 pm

Wow Blythe, it is great to know more about you! I'm only in high school, but I have started ceramics and stuff in my art class, and it's really fun! I wish I could pursue it further though, lol. Thanks for sharing! Very Happy
CandyWT
CandyWT

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeze Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:12 pm

I have always loved art, ceramics are fun!
I hate bananas too All About Blythe! ♥ 2755959039

The last time I went to the doctor my height was 5'7 in the summer, so I am tall. Sometimes I don't like being in the back for everything, and sitting in really short chairs Razz
Freeze
Freeze

Back to top Go down

Post by Koto Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:12 pm

Nice to learn a little more about you Blythe! Where did you come up with the user name of Blythe?
Koto
Koto

Back to top Go down

Post by ancharlina Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:14 pm

I love the show Too Cute, too! LOL

I'm horrible when it comes to working with clay, lol.
ancharlina
ancharlina

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down